1 pound mushrooms, very finely chopped
1 stick butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced onion
8oz or 1 pound sour cream
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules.
Chips, crackers or fresh round slices of cucumber.
optional - 4 strips of bacon fried crisp and crushed into bacon bits
1. Sauté mushrooms in a large frying pan on medium-high heat with 6 tablespoons of butter and lemon juice until soft.
2. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Add onion, sour cream, bouillon granules and salt and pepper and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more.
4. Mix remaining butter, optional bacon bits and enough flour to make a paste to be used to thicken the dip
5. Add the paste to the hot mixture and stir until thickened.
6. Serve in hot serving plate with chips, crackers or fresh vegetables.
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
3 green onions sliced thinly white and green parts
1/4 pounds oyster mushroom caps sliced
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
2 pounds of asparagus with 1/2 of root end sliced off.
1 cup milk
1/4 cup salsa
shredded cheese monterey jack or chedder
sea salt and pepper to taste.
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté over medium-high heat for approximately 3-4 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth and the whole asparagus spears. Bring to a boil and simmer until asparagus is tender but not limp. Set aside the tips of 8-10 of the spears. Simmer until asparagus is very tender.
3. Transfer the broth and asparagus to a blender. Add the milk and salsa. Puree.
4. Return soup to pan and cook over medium heat until steaming hot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve into 4 bowls and sprinkle with cheeze and garnish with the reserved aparagus tips.
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
1/2 cup minced scallions
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
sea salt and pepper to taste
1/2 pound mushrooms, quartered or sliced
1 pound green beans, sliced into 3 inch pieces.
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
handful of bacon bits
cherry tomatoes for garnish
1. Combine vinegar, oil, scallions, mustard, dill, salt and pepper in a jar and shake well to blend.
2. Put mushrooms in boiling water and cook 3-4 minutes. Remove mushrooms from water, transfer to a bowl, and pour dressing over them.
3. Put green beans in boiling water and cook until barely tender, approximately 8 minutes. Cool beans quickly by plunging them into ice water.
4. Add green beans to mushrooms. Add sour cream and mix thoroughly. Chill 2-4 hours.
5. Remove salad from refrigerator about 20 minutes before serving. Add additional seasoning if needed, and garnish with cherry tomatoes and bacon bits.
Top Shelf Mushrooms handles every stage of mushroom production. We employ sustainable growing methods, green technology, local organic ingredients and daily attention to quality.
To ensure top quality, we use our own pure cultures, make our own spawn (seed) and do our own harvesting, packaging and delivery. Our innovative growing system combines a computer-controlled environment, filtered air and Blue Mountain spring water for a truly superior product. We harvest mushrooms every day...so fresh is 100%guaranteed!
Top Shelf Mushrooms are grown by hands you know. Request a free sample of our mushrooms.
Our product speaks for itself.
|Variety - species - shelf life||10 lbs||2 - 9 lbs||1 lb|
|Chef Mix - Mix of Oyster, Elm and other seasonal varieties - 7 days||10. 00||11. 50||12. 50|
|Elm - Hypsizygus ulmarius - 7 days||10. 50||11. 50||12. 50|
|Blue Oyster - Pleurotus columbinus - 7 days||10. 50||11. 50||12. 50|
|White Oyster - Pleurotus ostreatus - 7 days||10. 50||11. 50||12. 50|
|* Shiitake - Lentinula edodes - 14 days||10. 50||11. 50||12. 50|
|* Chestnut - Phiolota adiposa 10 days||14 . 50||15 . 50||16|
Order fresh mushrooms:
call 705 - 888 - 5070
call 705 - 888 - 0398